"What are you wearing right now?" has to be the cheesiest request to get naughty in a chat window ever. The question is so loaded, and if I’m not in the mood but don’t want to shut him down entirely, I go for the black granny panties and grey hoodie answer to try to cool his jets a little. I figured I would try on that look to see how much of a turn-off it would actually be. What do you think? Naughty chat situation averted, right?

Image by Geoff, edited and published by Arabella Imagines
I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve gotten that exact message in chat. It’s like the internet’s version of a bad pickup line — predictable, slightly awkward, and almost always delivered with way too much confidence. Sometimes I’m in the mood to play along. Other times? I just want to watch my show, drink my tea, and exist in peace without turning the conversation into something spicy.
That’s when the “grey hoodie and black granny panties” defense was born.
At first it was just a joke. I’d type it out with a little smirk, imagining the other person’s reaction. But then I started wondering… what if I actually leaned into it? What if I made it part of my real evening look? So one night, after a long day, I slipped into my softest grey hoodie, pulled on my most comfortable (and least sexy) black panties, and wrapped myself in the biggest, fluffiest blanket I own.
And you know what? I looked in the mirror and actually liked what I saw.
There’s something weirdly empowering about choosing comfort over trying to be “hot” on demand. The grey hoodie is oversized and slightly faded from years of wear. It smells like my favorite fabric softener and feels like a warm hug. The black granny panties? They’re high-waisted, cotton, and completely unsexy in the most liberating way possible. No pinching, no adjusting, no worrying about how I look from behind. Just pure, unapologetic comfort.
I threw on my favorite fuzzy socks, grabbed my blanket, and settled onto the couch with a book and a cup of chamomile tea. And for the first time in a while, I felt completely at ease in my own skin — no performance, no pressure, just me being cozy and content.
Now whenever someone in chat asks me what I am wearing and I tell them “grey hoodie and granny panties” and they ask for proof, I can just send them here.
It’s become my secret weapon. The ultimate conversation cooler. The moment I send the link, the flirty energy usually shifts into laughter or playful teasing, which is honestly so much more fun. It turns a potentially awkward moment into something light and funny. And if they’re still trying to steer things naughty after that? Well… that tells me everything I need to know.
I’ve started to really love this look for my actual evenings too. There’s something so freeing about dressing for yourself instead of for anyone else’s expectations. The hoodie is soft enough to nap in, the blanket is big enough to disappear under, and the whole ensemble says “I’m here for comfort, not chaos.” It’s become my official “I survived the day” uniform.
Some nights I’ll add my favorite oversized socks or even a silk eye mask if I’m feeling extra cozy. Other nights I’ll throw my hair up in a messy bun and call it a look. The best part? I don’t have to think about it. I just slip into my hoodie, wrap myself in my blanket, and instantly feel like I’m home — even if I’m just sitting on the couch.
It’s funny how something that started as a joke to deflect cheesy chat messages turned into one of my favorite evening rituals. It reminded me that I don’t always have to perform or be “on.” Sometimes the sexiest thing I can do is choose comfort and laugh at the absurdity of internet flirting.
So now this look has two purposes:
- The ultimate “nice try” response to “what are you wearing?”
- My actual favorite way to spend a quiet evening at home.
It’s cozy. It’s funny. It’s 100% me.
It’s your turn now — leave me a comment telling me what you are wearing right now. Be honest! Are you in full cozy mode like me, or are you still in your “I have my life together” outfit? I want all the details.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Keep it clean and keep it relevant, all comments are moderated by me before publishing.
I accept all honest criticism with open arms, because that is how I improve.
Thanks, Ara